Real Estate & Area News
Top 10 San Diego Attractions
Attractions in San Diego range from family-friendly amusement parks like Legoland San Diego, to the educational museums of Balboa Park. It's not hard to find exciting things to do in San Diego with so much natural beauty, elegant architecture and friendly residents. San Diego attractions keep guests and locals enthralled in the wonder and beauty of "America's Finest City."
The most famous attractions in San Diego are the World Famous San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and SeaWorld San Diego. Perfect for guests of all ages, the San Diego Zoo parks and SeaWorld San Diego educate and fascinate with exotic animals from across the globe. Not only do these top San Diego attractions entertain, but they also have a huge impact on animal conservation around the world. The Zoological Society of San Diego works hard to protect animals and their habitats through the generous donations of its members, and SeaWorld San Diego has focused on animal conservation for over 40 years. A visit to one of these incredible attractions in San Diego is a wonderful time for guests of all ages and supports a great cause.
The range of things to do in San Diego is robust. Take a ride on the Giant Dipper roller-coaster in Belmont Park if you are looking for an adrenaline rush, or head up to great San Diego vineyards for a wine tasting experience in beautiful Temecula wine country. Whether you are looking for low key San Diego attractions or exciting things to do in San Diego, you won't be disappointed with the huge variety of attractions in San Diego.
There are so many amazing things to do in San Diego County. Here is a list of our top 10 San Diego attractions that you should be sure to enjoy on your next San Diego vacation:
1. Legoland San Diego: This San Diego amusement park in Carlsbad is one of the best San Diego attractions for youngsters. Unlike many other major theme parks that try to entertain all ages, Legoland focuses all of its rides and activities on kids ages 2-12. As the name suggests, kids will be delighted to find an entire land made out of Legos - rides and activities included!
2. Balboa Park: A San Diego vacation is never complete without a trip to Balboa Park. It's easy to spend an entire day walking through gorgeous Balboa Park, one of San Diego's most famous attractions. With over 1,000 acres of lush grass, stunning architecture, museums, gardens, and true authentic San Diego beauty, Balboa Park is a great San Diego attraction everyone can enjoy.
3. San Diego Zoo: This beautiful and world famous zoo is so extensive it's almost impossible to enjoy all of the exhibits in one day. And that's why we love it! Perfect for animal lovers of all ages, this is one of the San Diego attractions that both locals and visitors love to visit over and over again.
4. SeaWorld: SeaWorld San Diego gives you the unique opportunity to get up close and personal with all sorts of marine animals including whales, dolphins and penguins. Don't forget to enjoy all of the fast-paced and exciting rides at SeaWorld - the whole family will be happily screaming on these San Diego attractions!
5. Seaport Village: If you are looking for a San Diego attraction on the water, take a stroll through Seaport Village. Packed with shops, restaurants, and gorgeous San Diego ocean views, Seaport Village San Diego is the ideal attraction in San Diego for a day or evening outside with that special someone.
6. Belmont Park: This fun San Diego destination is located on Mission Beach and includes the exciting rides you usually find at seasonal fairs but at Belmont Park they are open year-round! It's always a party at Belmont Park and visitors of all ages have a blast on the rides, the nearby beach, or just people-watching.
7. Wineries: Callaway Vineyard & Winery is all about the wine and offers a number of different types of wine including their Special Selection wines and Winemaker's Reserve wines. Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyards prides itself on being a family company and the warmth of the family-based business is apparent in the wine tasting experience there. Both wineries are located in the gorgeous Temecula area making it easy to check out both, if you are so inclined.
8. Birch Aquarium: Run by the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California San Diego, Birch Aquarium is sure to be the most fun and educational of all San Diego attractions. Get hands on with great animal exhibits or just stand still and let the swimming sea life mesmerize you.
9. Gaslamp Quarter: Known for its huge variety of delicious restaurants and happening nightlife venues, the Gaslamp Quarter in Downtown San Diego is a hot spot for young adults looking for fun. While the scene definitely perks up at night with great bars and clubs, the neighborhood is also fun during the day for a great walk around the city or a trip to the Horton Plaza mall.
10. 10. Old Town San Diego: Immerse yourself in history and culture at Old Town San Diego. One of the most talked about San Diego attractions Old Town takes you back to the time when San Diego first started to become the city it is today. Enjoy great restaurants, wonderful souvenir shops and interesting historical plaques detailing the rich past of San Diego.
June 16, 2015